This clementine creamsicle smoothie is a healthy treat that will bring up some nostalgic memories if you enjoyed creamsicle popsicles or Orange Julius as a kid!
Growing up I loved orange creamsicle popsicles, and I know I’m not the only one! For the latest installment in my valued partnership with Darling Citrus, I’m using their Darling Clementines to create a healthy smoothie version of this childhood treat!
Their high juice content and sweet citrus flavor make Darling Clementines a great addition to this Clementine Creamsicle Smoothie. The peeled segments freeze beautifully for use in smoothies, and each serving adds 3 grams of fiber plus a nice dose of potassium and vitamin C!
Why you’ll love this dreamy, creamy clementine smoothie
This Clementine Creamsicle Smoothie embodies that classic citrus and vanilla combo that we all love. But this smoothie is a nutritious way to enjoy these flavors, with no added sweeteners and no dairy (except for a dollop of whipped cream if you choose to add it, or you could use a plant-based whipped cream). Healthy fats and protein from coconut milk and hemp seeds give this smoothie a thick, creamy texture and provide substance.
What you’ll need for this recipe
- frozen segments from 1 clementine
- frozen banana
- full fat or light coconut milk- I like to add the thicker coconut cream for creamier results
- vanilla extract
- hemp seeds
- whipped cream (optional)
Healthy additions for your smoothies
I like adding a teaspoon or so of hemp seeds to this smoothie for extra fiber, protein and good fat, but this is totally optional. And there are many other ingredients you could add to this Clementine Creamsicle smoothie to make it more nutrient-dense, such as:
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- vanilla protein powder
- collagen powder, probiotic powder or other powdered supplements
More healthy smoothie recipes
- Pink Dragon Fruit Smoothie with Vanilla Swirl
- Blueberry Crisp Smoothie
- Lemon Cream Pie Smoothie
- Birthday Cake Protein Shake
Thank you to Darling Citrus for sponsoring this post! As always all opinions are my own.
If you make this Clementine Creamsicle Smoothie, leave a comment and rating below, and share it on Instagram with #LePetitEats!
Clementine Creamsicle Smoothie
This clementine creamsicle smoothie will bring up some nostalgic memories if you enjoyed creamsicle popsicles as a kid!
- 1/2 cup plant based milk of choice
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 clementine peeled, separated into segments and frozen
- 1 banana sliced and frozen
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or dairy-free whipped cream optional
- Add all ingredients except whipped cream to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with coconut whipped cream, if desired.
This recipe sounds so fun! Love the tangerine creamsicle combo and that it is dairy free!