Golden beet gazpacho is a vibrant, sun-hued chilled soup, made even more delicious by a plethora of seasonal toppings.
Words cannot express how enamored I am with this Golden Beet Gazpacho.
One look at its sunny hue imbued by bright yellow beets and I can’t help but fall head over heels for this bowl of yum. But wait, there’s more.
Everyone knows any gazpacho worth its salt is made that much better by the colorful and crunchy assortment of toppings that adorn the top.
While the garnish situation is completely customizable to the individual, I’ll share what toppings I chose to enhance the flavors of this golden beet gazpacho:
- micro greens
- hemp seeds
- shaved Chioggia beets (SO pretty, right??)
- grassgreen pepper (fancy and obscure, I know, but if you ever come across some I highly recommend! I buy mine at Boulettes Larder in San Francisco)
- olive oil- this one is pretty much a requirement for any gazpacho, but something like avocado oil or walnut oil would be delicious too!
If you’ve ever made traditional tomato-based gazpacho, this golden beet gazpacho is very similar in terms of ingredients and preparation. In fact, the only big difference is in swapping out tomatoes for steamed and cooled beets.
Definitely give this golden beet gazpacho time to chill out in the fridge before serving. I’m so thrilled that temperatures are starting to warm up again so that chilled soups can come out to play!
Golden Beet Gazpacho
Golden beet gazpacho is a sunny, vibrant chilled soup made even more delicious by a plethora of seasonal toppings such as micro greens, chives, avocado and more.
FOR THE GAZPACHO:
- 1 pound golden beets peeled, steamed and roughly chopped
- 1 large shallot chopped
- clove garlic chopped
- 1 large English cucumber peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice plus more to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 Sea salt to taste
FOR TOPPING (OPTIONAL):
- Shaved Chioggia beets
- Micro greens
- Diced avocado
- Minced chives
- Hemp seeds
- Olive oil
Add all ingredients except salt to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. Add salt to taste. Taste, and add more sherry vinegar or lemon juice if more acidity is desired.
Chill for at least 1 hour.
Transfer to bowls and garnish with desired toppings.
Definitely give this golden beet gazpacho time to chill out in the fridge before serving.