These date oatmeal breakfast cookies are naturally sweetened, gluten free and vegan! They’re a great grab and go option to get your day started.
If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast option but feel like you’re stuck in a rut, try making these Date Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies! First of all, who doesn’t want cookies for breakfast, right? But even better, these healthy cookies are gluten free and vegan!
What makes these breakfast cookies so delicious
- A hint of cinnamon and orange zest gives these breakfast cookies the most heavenly flavor.
- Oats, almond flour and almond butter provide protein and fiber to fuel your morning!
- These cookies have a soft, fluffy texture- they’re perfect to enjoy alongside a cup of morning coffee or tea.
- These oatmeal breakfast cookies are naturally sweetened with ingredients like applesauce, maple syrup and chopped dates.
Making these date oatmeal breakfast cookies couldn’t be easier!
To make these date oatmeal breakfast cookies, start by making a flax egg. Mix together 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed and 5 tablespoons water in a small bowl and set aside to thicken.
Next, combine all the dry ingredients together in one bowl and the wet ingredients (including the flax egg) in a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Lastly, fold in the chopped dates. I like to reserve some of the chopped dates to add to the tops of the cookies just before baking.
Place 1/4 cup sized scoops on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake them for 20-23 minutes or until the edges become golden and crispy.
Try adding up to 1/3 cup of chopped nuts such as walnuts or pistachios for extra crunch, plant-based protein and healthy fats.
Instead of almond butter, feel free to use another nut or seed butter such as cashew butter, peanut butter or sunflower seed butter.
More healthy breakfast recipes to try
- Piña Colada Chia Pudding
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars
- Pink Dragonfruit Smoothie Bowl
- Lemon Cream Pie Protein Shake
Thank you to Natural Delights for sponsoring this post! As always all opinions are my own.
If you make these Date Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies, leave a comment and rating below, and share it on Instagram with #LePetitEats!
Healthy Date Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
These date oatmeal breakfast cookies are naturally sweetened, gluten free and vegan! They're a great grab and go option to get your day started.
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped dates about 6-7 pitted dates
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and water. Let sit for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oat flour, oats, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flaxseed mixture, almond butter, coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract and orange zest.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in the dates.
- Use a large cookie scoop or 1/4 measuring cup to scoop rounds onto the baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.