How about a refreshing iced salted caramel latte to start the day? Made with a vegan and refined sugar free date caramel.
This post is sponsored by Natural Delights. All opinions are my own.
It’s been awhile since my last post, but I’ve been busy opening a cafe! This has been an exciting but non-stop phase of life for my husband and I, which means I’ve not had much time for blogging, cooking or anything else besides running things over there!
Suffice it to say I’ve never been more appreciative of a morning cup of coffee than during these last few months. Fortunately we have an amazing coffee program and serve up some incredible lattes, cappuccinos, gibraltars and more using an exclusive in-house blend of beans made by our local roasting partner, but that caffeine boost really comes in handy to keep me going during those long restaurant shifts. So with coffee at the forefront of my mind lately it’s no surprise that today’s recipe, another in my partnership with Natural Delights, is a coffee one! An iced salted caramel latte one no less- perfectly refreshing for these summer mornings.
You’re going to love starting your day with this vegan salted caramel latte!
Not only is it quick and easy, something I need all my recipes to be right now, but a refreshing iced salted caramel latte is a delicious way to kick off a busy day. Or even for an afternoon pick me up if you’re lounging outside in the yard or by the pool (and if you are, lucky you!)
The sweet and salty goodness from the date caramel base pairs wonderfully with espresso. Make sure to use a non-dairy milk and this baby is also vegan!
The date caramel made from Natural Delights Pitted Medjool dates is amazing too because it makes this a healthier, refined sugar free option. This is not your typical Starbucks sugar bomb!
What you’ll need for this recipe
- Natural Delights Medjool dates (pitted, or whole with the pits removed)- Natural Delights are my favorite brand to use because they are so soft and plump; they blend up really easily!
- vanilla extract
- sea salt
- almond butter
- espresso- strongly brewed coffee will also work
- plain, unsweetened plant milk of choice
- a small blender such as a Nutribullet
How to make an iced salted caramel latte at home
The base of this iced caramel latte is a combination of dates, vanilla, a pinch of salt and almond butter.
This is blended with two shots of espresso until smooth. Alternatively, about six ounces of strong coffee can be used.
Pour the blended date caramel mixture into a glass that has been filled with ice. Top with plant milk (I used plain, unsweetened almond milk) and give it a little stir to combine.
You can also add the plant milk to the blender and blend it all together that way if you’d like it to be very well combined. I personally don’t mind mixing it in the glass and stirring it with my straw as I drink it, plus the aesthetics of a swirly iced coffee drink get me every time.
Can I make a hot version of this caramel latte?
Let’s say it’s a chilly autumn or winter morning and you’re craving a hot version of this latte: simply heat the milk on the stove top and add it to the blender with the rest of the ingredients, then transfer the contents to a coffee mug. Blending everything together while warm will give the latte a really lovely frothy consistency.
More date recipes to try ASAP:
- Moroccan Carrot Salad with Dates
- Healthy Date Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Date Caramel Cheesecake (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- Date and Goat Cheese Flatbread
Iced Salted Caramel Latte
- 1 Natural Delights pitted Medjool date
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 shots espresso or about 6 ounces strongly brewed coffee
- 6-8 ounces unsweetened plant milk
- Add the date, almond butter, salt, vanilla and espresso to a blender. Blend until completely smooth
- Add to a tall glass filled with ice. Pour plant milk over the espresso mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.