Thai Curry Tacos are vegan fusion food at it’s finest, and they’re fast and simple to prepare, making them the ultimate quick and flavorful weeknight meal.
Who doesn’t love Taco night? But since the same old standard tacos can feel stale after awhile, so I like to mix it up with some unexpectedly exotic flavors sometimes. These Thai Curry Tacos made with ginger, lentils, red curry paste and a turmeric coconut sour cream are exactly what’s needed to shake things up.
This is fusion food at its finest, my friends.
I came up with this idea after John made some delicious red curry marinated steak fajitas one night. But we have since cut back big time on meat in general, so I decided to do a vegan friendly rendition of this flavor mash up. I’m all about vegan tacos because the possibilities are quite vast, and these are so fantastic that you won’t want to wait until Taco Tuesday to try them. Seriously. Make them today.
Why you’ll love these Thai Curry Tacos
These Thai Curry Tacos are a breeze to make, which makes them supremely suitable for a quick weeknight meal. The filling comes together in about 10 minutes! In fact what you’ll probably spend the most time on is getting all your toppings together, especially if you’re like me and need ALL the toppings on your tacos.
And if meatless meals aren’t really your thing, never fear- these Thai Curry Tacos are easily adaptable. Simply switch out the veggie grounds for ground beef or chicken and there you have it.
How many tacos does this recipe make?
This recipe makes enough for about a dozen tacos (great for a decent little get together or to have leftovers for a couple of days if you’re cooking for one or two).
Thanks for reading! To keep up with my kitchen escapades, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. If you make these Thai Curry Tacos, share it with the hashtag #LePetitEats!
Vegan Thai Curry Tacos
Thai Curry Tacos are vegan fusion food at it's finest, and they're fast and simple to prepare, making them supremely suitable for a quick weeknight meal!
For the taco filling:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 12 ounces vegetarian grounds
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons red or yellow curry paste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ lime
For the Turmeric Coconut Yogurt:
- 1 can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk chilled overnight
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of salt
To assemble the tacos:
- 10-12 tortillas
- Shredded cabbage
- Diced mango
- Sliced jalapeño
- Lime wedges
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about five minutes. Add garlic and ginger and continue to cook for another minute.
- Add vegetarian grounds, lentils, broth, soy sauce and red curry paste to skillet. Stir to combine and sauté for about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze lime juice over taco filling, stirring to combine.
To make the turmeric coconut sour cream, skim the thickened cream off from the chilled can of coconut milk and reserve the thinner liquid for another use. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and turmeric. Whisk or process until smooth.
- To assemble tacos, warm tortillas and spoon about 2 tablespoons of taco filling into each tortilla. Top with assorted toppings.