This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DinnerOnDemand #CollectiveBias. Pea Pesto Rotini with roasted carrots, fresh mozzarella and basil is a fantastic Spring pasta dish that comes together in a flash thanks to Barilla Pronto Pasta!
Today I’m sharing a pasta dish that is packed with so much seasonal springtime goodness (peas, carrots, fresh basil, oh my!), and what I like even better about it is how quickly it comes together. This Pea Pesto Rotini with Roasted Carrots is one of those meals you can make in under 30 minutes- so it’s the ideal dinner after a long, exhausting day at work when all you want is a big bowl of carbs to Netflix and chill with. I’ll let you in on a little secret, too- you don’t even need to be an experienced cook to make this outstanding meal!
All you need is a little help from Barilla’s Pronto Pasta and their Basil Pesto Sauce. I partnered with Barilla to create this quick, easy and MAJORLY tasty pasta. Their Pronto Pasta cooks in the same pan that you toss your sauce and other pasta ingredients into- one pan, no boil, no drain! Which means less dishes, which is a total win in my book. Dishes are the WORST.
This Pea Pesto Rotini takes another handy shortcut by using Barilla’s Traditional Basil Pesto- just blend the sauce with thawed frozen peas (or fresh peas that have been cooked) and a little cream for an elevated, gourmet sauce that literally takes about a minute to whiz up. Fancy and fast.
Let me walk you through how incredibly easy and breezy this recipe is: First we’ll thinly slice our carrots, toss them with a bit of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast our carrots in the oven. This will only take about 15 minutes, and the rest of the dish comes together while the carrots are roasting. Sweet!
While the carrots are roasting we will make our beautiful pea pesto sauce in a blender or food processor, and cook the Barilla Pronto Rotini by adding the pasta, water and a pinch of salt to the pan and simmering until most of the water is absorbed (this should take about 10 minutes or so).
By this point your carrots should be done cooking, so they can be added to the pan as well as the pea pesto sauce. Toss everything together until the sauce coats the pasta. You’re almost done! Wasn’t that a cinch?
The only thing left to do is serve yourself a bowl and top it with a little basil and fresh mozzarella (I like to just tear it into shreds with my hands)- it adds that gooey melty goodness that every pasta needs.
If you make this simple Spring pasta dish at home I’d love to see! Snap a picture and share it on Instagram and other social media with #DinnerOnDemand and #LePetitEats!
Pea Pesto Rotini with Roasted Carrots
Pea Pesto Rotini with roasted carrots, fresh mozzarella and basil is a fantastic spring pasta dish that comes together in a flash thanks to Barilla Pronto Pasta!
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas or fresh peas that have been cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 jar Barilla Basil Pesto Sauce
- 1 box Barilla Pronto Rotini Pasta
- 3-4 cups water
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Heat oven to 400°. Toss carrots with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes, or until carrots have softened and begin to brown slightly, tossing halfway through cooking. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add peas, cream and entire jar of Barilla Pesto Sauce to a food processor. Add a pinch of salt and puree until a smooth sauce is formed. Set aside.
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet. Pour 3 cups of cold water into the pan ensuring that the water covers the pasta. Add a pinch of salt and simmer over high heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in pea pesto sauce and roasted carrots, lower heat to medium, and continue to cook until heated through.
- Spoon pasta into bowls and garnish with pieces of torn fresh mozzarella and fresh basil leaves.
- Specific Winning Product: Barilla Pronto Pasta
- Specific Year of Win: 2016
- Based on the 2016 BrandSpark/Better Homes and Gardens American Shopper Study of 38,000 voters nationwide. For more information visit www.