This Instant Pot Pho recipe is served with glazed tofu, rice noodles and vegetables. Make a killer broth for pho in a fraction of the time using an Instant Pot!
This post is sponsored by Annie Chuns. All opinions are my own.
Pho is one of those comforting winter meals that never disappoints. But it’s not always the most practical thing to make if you’re short on time since a traditional broth for pho can take several hours of simmering for the flavors to properly develop. Luckily this Instant Pot Pho exists, which has all the authentic flavors and ingredients and drastically cuts down the cooking time.
How to make pho broth in the Instant Pot
Add some neutral vegetable oil such as avocado or coconut oil to the Instant Pot and set it to saute for 8 minutes. Add halved onions, sliced fresh ginger, cinnamon sticks, whole star anise, whole cloves, whole coriander seeds and black peppercorns, stirring occasionally. These base ingredients are what make pho broth so fragrant and amazing!
Next add vegetable broth, water and soy sauce. Secure the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Change the setting to manual pressure for 15 minutes. Once done, allow the Instant Pot to release pressure for 10 minutes before using the quick valve to carefully release the remaining steam.
Once the pressure is released, carefully open lid and strain and discard solids from the broth. At this point you can taste the broth and add as much salt as you think it needs to bring out the flavors.
How to make the glazed tofu
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss Annie Chun’s Pad Thai Sauce with cubed extra firm tofu in a bowl and let it sit to marinate for about 10 minutes. Spread the tofu in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. You can do this while the broth is cooking in the Instant Pot.
Add all the fixings to make your pho next level
Once the pho broth and glazed tofu are finished, it’s time to personalize your Instant Pot pho with as little or as many toppings as you desire. First and foremost, don’t skip on the Annie Chun Brown Rice Noodles as they are what gives the soup substance.
Next feel free to add bean sprouts, fresh herbs like basil, mint and cilantro, lime wedges, and chili oil if you like a little spice. Serve this Instant Pot Pho with some tofu spring rolls as a first course- yum!
If you make this Instant Pot Pho, leave a comment and rating below,
and share it on Instagram with #LePetitEats!
Instant Pot Pho
This Instant Pot Pho recipe is served with glazed tofu , rice noodles and vegetables. Make a killer broth for pho in a fraction of the time using an Instant Pot!
- 14 ounce package extra-firm tofu drained and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup Annie Chun’s Pad Thai Sauce
- 8 ounces Annie Chun rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
- 2 large onions halved
- 1 4- inch piece of fresh ginger roughly chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Thai basil, mint, bean sprouts and lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss pad Thai sauce with tofu in a bowl and marinate for about 10 minutes. Spread tofu in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the tofu is baking, cook noodles according to package instructions in a pot of boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Add oil to the Instant Pot and set to saute for 8 minutes. Add onion, ginger, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, coriander seeds and black pepper, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable broth, water and soy sauce. Secure the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Change the setting to manual pressure for 15 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to release pressure for 10 minutes before using the quick valve to release the remaining steam.
Once pressure is released, carefully open lid strain and discard solids from the broth. Taste and season with salt as necessary.
- Divide noodles evenly between bowls. Add noodles and tofu to a bowl and pour broth over top. Top with desired toppings.