This sweet, spicy and crispy Sriracha Honey Buffalo Cauliflower is an amazing plant-based snack! It’s great for sharing on game day paired with your favorite ranch for dipping.
I shared these Sriracha Honey Buffalo Cauliflower bites on Instagram, and they were so popular that I decided to turn it into a full blog post so that anyone can easily access the recipe!
This recipe is a plant-based play on buffalo wings and it’s a great healthier option for game day snacking! Instead of traditional buffalo sauce, though, we’re making a Sriracha and honey sauce to brush on the crispy cauliflower florets. The sweet and spicy combo paired with crispy baked cauliflower is a winner!
How to make Buffalo Cauliflower
To make buffalo cauliflower, first spray the cauliflower florets with cooking oil (or toss lightly with vegetable oil), then place them in a shallow bowl or baking dish. Toss them with a mixture of flour, corn starch, garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon salt until evenly coated.
Next combine panko breadcrumbs and ¼ teaspoon salt in a bowl. Then add non-dairy milk to a separate bowl. Dredge the cauliflower florets by coating them in the milk first followed by the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange the coated florets in one layer on a baking rack set over a baking sheet. This will ensure even crispiness on the bottom and the top.
Bake them for 15 minutes at 425, then whisk together the Sriracha, melted vegan butter and honey. Brush this mixture evenly onto the cauliflower and pop them back into the oven for another 10 minutes. Finally, turn the oven up to a broil and bake them for up to 5 minutes to crisp them up a bit more. Make sure to keep a close eye during this step so the buffalo cauliflower doesn’t burn!
- Instead of Sriracha feel free to swap your favorite hot sauce such as Cholula or Tobasco.
- Japanese panko breadcrumbs are recommended for maximum crunchiness, but you can substitute gluten free panko breadcrumbs to make this recipe gluten free.
- If you’re a strict vegan who does not consume honey, use agave or maple syrup in place of the honey.
What to serve with Sriracha Honey Buffalo Cauliflower
Buffalo wings are classically served with a blue cheese or ranch dipping sauce, but since we’re keeping this cauliflower version vegan, I love to opt for a dairy-free ranch to serve on the side. Something fresh and crunchy is a great match too, so celery or carrot sticks are perfect to serve with this plant-based appetizer!
More plant-based appetizers:
Thanks for reading Le Petit Eats! To keep up with me in the kitchen, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. If you make this Brie & Pear Grilled Cheese, please share it using the hashtag #LePetitEats!
Sriracha Honey Buffalo Cauliflower
This sweet, spicy and crispy Sriracha Honey Buffalo Cauliflower is such an amazing plant-based snack!
- 1/2 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- Vegetable oil spray or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup gluten free or regular flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- 3 tablespoons plain non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup gluten free or regular panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce or hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 Place a metal baking rack over a baking sheet and spray the rack lightly with vegetable oil.
Spray the florets with oil (or toss lightly with vegetable oil then place in a shallow bowl or baking dish. Toss with the flour, corn starch, garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon salt until evenly coated.
- Finely crush the breadcrumbs and mix with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and add to a bowl. Then add milk to a separate bowl. Dredge cauliflower florets in milk then coat in breadcrumb mixture. Arrange in one layer on the baking rack. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sriracha, melted butter and honey. Brush evenly onto the cauliflower. Bake another 15 minutes, then broil on high for up to 5 minutes, keeping a close eye on it so it does not burn.
- Serve with celery and your favorite ranch dressing for dipping.