Things are still humming along at full speed over here at Le Petit Chef headquarters, and since I’m buzzing around like a good little worker bee…or am I actually the queen bee of this solo operation? Sure, I think I quite like the sound of that.
Anyway, my point is that this blossoming little business of mine is still keeping me crazy busy, but I reaallly don’t want my blog to suffer and withdraw into oblivion (kinda like it has been recently, dang). So naturally, when faced with such a dilemma I did what any good food blogger slash personal chef with overachieving tendencies would do: I lugged my camera along to one of the dinner parties I catered last week in order to share one of my most favorite summer appetizers with you.
I don’t know where on earth I got the crazy idea that I could somehow sneak in a fully styled photo shoot while preparing a six course dinner for twelve. #ChronicMultiTaskerProblems.
In reality all I had time to do was set the platter down, wipe my hands on my apron, snap a few quick shots and sprint back to the kitchen, so what you see is pretty much what you get today, folks. But what you get is sweet, juicy, smoky, summery goodness in the form of Grilled Peach Bruschetta!
I die. I mean, it is that perfect in all it’s simple glory. Crunchy, charred ciabatta is spread with a thin layer of rich, creamy burrata (so good with ricotta or goat cheese too, btw) and topped the most wonderfully ripe grilled peaches that are lightly tossed with flecks of tarragon, freshly cracked black pepper and flaky sea salt. The finishing touch: a light drizzle of honey. It’s everything that dreams are made of in one heavenly bite.
*Bonus: if you wind up with leftover grilled peach yumminess, use it up as a topping for your favorite grilled meat- thick, juicy pork chops would be my top choice, but chicken or fish would be just as delicious too!
Grilled Peach Bruschetta
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 8 ounces burrata cheese torn
- 3 medium ripe peaches halved and cored
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- Flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Honey for drizzling
- Preheat and oil a cast iron or gas grill. Brush 2 tablespoons olive oil evenly over ciabatta slices and grill over medium heat until crisp and lightly charred on both sides, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Brush peach halves with vegetable oil or spray with non-stick spray. Grill, flesh side down, until lightly charred, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly, then chop and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Chop tarragon and add to bowl along with salt, pepper and remaining tablespoon of olive oil and mix to combine.
- Spread a layer of burrata over each slice of ciabatta and top with a dollop of grilled peach mixture. Season with additional salt and pepper and drizzle with honey.