These layered Toasted Coconut Latte Popsicles make the most refreshing summer treat. Not too sweet, and they’re vegan and refined sugar free- bonus!
It’s the first day of summer, but it certainly doesn’t feel like it because I’m currently bundled up in a sweater on the couch, drinking a hot cup of mushroom tea and staring out the window at overcast, cloudy skies.
That’s June gloom for you.
But for the rest of you who are enjoying the sweet summer heat, I have a treat for you! Because not only is it the first day of summer, it’s also Popsicle Week, when bloggers from all over the world bring you their best frozen treats on a stick.
HOW TO MAKE TOASTED COCONUT LATTE POPSICLES
These Toasted Coconut Latte Popsicles are creamy, cool and infused with actual toasted coconut pieces for that real deal toasty flavor. They’re blended up into a thick coconut cream mixture for the base of the coconut layer. You can leave the toasted coconut in if you enjoy a little texture, or strain it out for smoother popsicles.
The second layer is an infusion of coconut cream and cold brew coffee. To get the tilted effect, simply hold the popsicle molds at an angle while pouring the first layer and make sure to keep it titled during the first round of freezing. Once the first layer is frozen you can continue the freezing process without tilting the molds.
Speaking of molds, this is the kind I’ve been using for the last couple of years.
The two layers together make these Toasted Coconut Latte Popsicles absolutely unbeatable. My favorite part is when the two layers start to blend together, a bite of each layer together is heavenly!
Thanks for reading Le Petit Eats! To keep up with my kitchen escapades, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. If you make these Toasted Coconut Latte Popsicles, please share it using the hashtag #LePetitEats!
Toasted Coconut Latte Popsicles
These layered Toasted Coconut Latte Popsicles make the most refreshing summer treat. Not too sweet, and they're vegan and refined sugar free- bonus!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 cups coconut cream divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt divided
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread coconut flakes onto a baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 3-5 minutes until coconut is lightly golden and toasted. Keep a close eye while toasting to prevent coconut flakes from browning too quickly. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a high speed blender, combine coconut flakes, 2 cups of coconut cream, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Blend for about 1 minute, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary, until no chunks of coconut remain and mixture is completely smooth. Pass mixture through a double-lined cheesecloth to strain out any solids remaining.
- Pour mixture halfway up into coconut molds and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Rinse and dry blender container and add remaining coconut cream, remaining maple syrup, remaining vanilla extract, remaining salt and coffee. Blend for about 1 minute, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary, until mixture is completely smooth.
- Fill popsicle molds the rest of the way with coffee mixture. Add popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 3 hours.
WANT MORE FROZEN TREATS FOR SUMMER?